Cristina is the Managing Partner of Filip & Company. She specializes in corporate work (including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and commercial contracts). Cristina has been involved in a wide range of complex corporate transactions, including M&A, joint ventures, private equity transactions, privatizations, corporate finance deals and corporate reorganisation. She advised sellers or buyers in the most significant transactions performed in the oil, gas and power sectors in Romania and does a significant amount of specialist work in the energy sector.
Cristina is also listed as a leading individual in the energy sector in Romania, being ranked first in Energy & Natural Resources by Chambers Europe.
Highlights of her activity include assisting:
- one of the largest privately owned groups in Romania in its successful exit from a leading bank – coordination of sale side assistance in a very complex multi-jurisdictional transaction, including release of multi-layers options, joint-venture and security arrangements – the largest M&A transaction in the banking sector in the year 2015 in Romania;
- a leading commercial bank – coordination of buy side assistance in an integrated share transfer and debt assignment transaction, including due diligence, structuring, drafting and negotiating elaborated transaction documentation;
- a leading mobile telecom operator, in relation to (i) various acquisitions of companies, operations and assets in the post-paid services market and (ii) the structuring, drafting and negotiating of key dealership and partnership arrangements with main local dealers and telecommunication equipment distributors;
- a leading European renewable power company in relation to the acquisition of a Romanian company developing wind farms with a capacity exceeding 200 MW;
- one of the largest providers of mobile telecommunication services in connection with the reorganization and expansion of its retail network;
- the leading Romanian oil company in relation to matters regarding the development and connection to the electricity transportation grid of a new co-generation power plant with a capacity exceeding 800 MW.