Alex is one of the founding partners of Filip & Company and head of Corporate, M&A and Capital Markets department. He has previously worked for seven years in the Bucharest, London and Paris offices of a Magic Circle firm. He has advised on a wide range of landmark transactions in Romania in M&A, capital markets and complex finance. Alex is ranked in Band 1 by Chambers Europe and is listed as a leading individual in Hall of fame by Legal 500.
Highlights of his activity include assisting:
- one of the largest private equity funds in the world on the acquisition of the InBev operations in CEE (value USD 2.2 billion) on both the acquisition and the associated financing and then on the subsequent sale to Molson Coors (value USD 3.5 billion);
- one of the leading telecommunications and media groups in CEE, on the largest private IPO ever on the Bucharest Stock Exchange;
- the Romanian state on their EUR 20 billion EMTN programme and numerous note issues under such programme;
- one of the largest steel manufacturers in the world in relation to its sale of the operations in a number of European jurisdictions, including its largest Romanian steel plants;
- a major US hedge fund in relation to its highly successful activist investment and exit in Fondul Proprietatea S.A., one of the largest Romanian issuers;
- one of the leading mobile telecommunication operators in the world on the acquisition of the leading Romanian mobile telecom operator (with a transaction value of over EUR 3 billion);
- a leading regional banking and financial services company in relation to the divestment to Eximbank of its 99.28% stake in its Romanian subsidiary, Banca Romaneasca.