Monica’s primary practice areas are corporate and M&A, capital markets and intellectual property. Her background includes diverse experience in other areas such as privatizations and energy. Monica has advised on some of the most significant M&A and capital markets transactions in Romania in the past years, as well as on complex software development and licensing agreements
Highlights of her activity include assisting:
- the Romanian Ministry of Public Finance on the continuous update of their 41 billion EMTN programme and the carrying out of various trades based on the programme;
- the Romanian company active in the field of nuclear energy production in the negotiations for setting up a joint venture with a Chinese company for the development, construction and operation of units 3 and 4 of the Cernavoda nuclear power plant;
- one of the largest private equity funds on the acquisition of the CEE operations of a multinational brewing company (value USD 2.2 billion) and on the subsequent sale of such operations to a multinational company active in the beverages industry (value USD 3.5 billion);
- a Romanian businessman in connection with the sale of a top integrated packaging and paper group in Romania to a leading British-based international packaging business for EUR 208 million;
- a leading robotic process automation multinational company, the first Romanian unicorn, in relation to various intellectual property matters, export control regulations and corporate matters.