Eliza’s main areas of expertise are Corporate and M&A, with diverse experience on other areas, including Capital Markets. Eliza has advised on corporate, financing and regulatory matters on some of the most complex M&A, restructurings, Capital Markets, Energy and Financing transactions on the Romanian market in recent years.
Highlights of her activity include assisting:
- a Romanian businessman in connection with the sale of the majority packages of shares held in two companies, part of a top integrated packaging and paper group in Romania, to a leading British-based international packaging business for €208m;
- the owner of the sanction rights to organize a combined ATP Masters 1000/WTA Premier Mandatory Tennis event during the restructuring of rights and the operations of the entity managing the media rights pertaining to the nine Masters 1000 event;
- one of the world’s leading private equity and investment advisory firms on matters of Romanian law in relation to the takeover of a multinational brewing company, including post acquisition corporate restructurings;
- the leading regional telecommunications and media company, in relation to a complex refinancing by way of a high yield bond issue of EUR 450 million under Rule 144A of the USA Securities Act, listed on the Dublin Stock Exchange and a syndicated facility of EUR 300 million;
- a leading German manufacturer of industrial equipment in relation to the acquisition, by way of a public takeover offer, of a Romanian manufacturer of industrial equipment;
- an international home improvement company in relation to the acquisition of the Romanian operations of two of the leading regional operators and DIY retailers in the country.