Ioana is Partner and head of the Real Estate practice of Filip & Company. Ioana is a market reputed specialist with over 13-year extensive experience in real estate and a large and successful track record in complex M&A transactions.
Her expertise includes structuring of complex transactions from acquisitions to exits, land acquisitions, development and financing of real estate projects, leasing, real estate permitting and urbanism matters, private-public partnership in real estate projects, arbitration and general litigation, as well as various regulatory matters related to the development of real estate and energy renewable projects. Her background also includes advising on concession and infrastructure projects, as well as on various real estate matters related to the acquisition of non-performing loans, restructuring and insolvency matters.
Highlights of her activity include assisting:
- a leading developer based in the Czech Republic, in relation to the sale of an office project in Bucharest with a leasable area of approx. 70,000 sq. m., the sale of an industrial park with a leasable area of approx. 130,000 sq. m. and the sale of an office project with a leasable area of approx. 36,000 sq. m;
- an Abu Dhabi-based private real estate investment and development company in relation to the acquisition of a hotel with an area of approx. 11,000 sq. m., located in the downtown Bucharest;
- two Belgian investment funds managed in relation to the acquisition of an extensive portfolio of over 20 retail projects located in Bucharest and various secondary cities in Romania;
- a leading multinational investment bank and financial services company in relation to the envisaged acquisition of an office project in the Northern Area of Bucharest with a leasable area of 75,000 sq. m.;
- the joint venture between two leading real estate developers in relation to the sale of an office project in Bucharest with a leasable area of 26,000 sq. m. to a South African investment fund;
- a leading Belgian developer in relation to the acquisition, development, financing and partial forward sale of a shopping center with a leasable area exceeding 60,000 sq. m.;
- a United States based logistic park developer in relation to the development, leasing and sale of its industrial park with a total leasable area of approx. 110,000 sq. m..