Rebecca assisted several lenders in multiple local and cross-border financing transactions with focus on LBOs and restructuring deals, as well as M&A transactions on the finance market and has a focus on regulatory matters concerning new technologies and consumer protection matters.
Highlights of her activity include assisting:
- the largest Romanian bank in relation to the acquisition of a top 10 bank on the Romanian market; this was considered the largest transaction on the Romanian banking market in 2017 and a major Greek bank in connection with the sale of its participation in the share capital of a large Romanian credit institution and part of its NPL portfolio;
- a large private equity fund based in UK in relation to a leverage buyout financing for the acquisition of the largest two Moldovan companies and related financing from a large Romanian bank;
- a real estate investment group in relation to a refinancing facility of up to EUR 34 million for the development of a shopping center in Bucharest, Romania and a VAT facility made available by a large Romanian bank;
- an important Romanian bank in relation to certain regulatory and consumer protection matters related to the digitalization of its main lending product and remote execution of several types of agreements with consumer clients;
- various Romanian companies in the process of determining the ultimate beneficiary owner under the new AML & KYC legislation and with the submission of the relevant declarations with the Romanian authorities.