Helping our clients go further
Our #newTech team provides true one-stop-shop legal services in the world of new technologies.
Our combined know-how ensures an optimised understanding of our client’s needs and full coverage legal advice right from the start. Our team is forward-thinking and constantly working to address legal issues associated with rapid advancements in the tech world and will continue to be able to meet client’s needs.
Our services typically cover:
- structuring and implementing innovative financing solutions for new technology companies;
- regulatory advice in connection to online lending and new payment solutions;
- advising on legal and regulatory matters in relation to qualified electronic and biometric signatures;
- negotiating and drafting software, IP, and IT agreements;
- advising on joint ventures, acquisitions and divestments of technology businesses;
- representation in disputes concerning software, copyright and technology matters.
Monica Statescu is listed as a rising star by Legal 500.
- assisted a Romanian software developer on the negotiation and conclusion of a framework software development agreement with one of the world’s leading integrated solution provider for applications based on IC design and software development;
- assisted the leading provider of laboratory diagnosis services in Romania in relation to a software development and support services agreement to be concluded with one of the members of its group. Our assistance has been focused on IT and privacy matters;
- assisted a major player active in the payment services market regarding the implementation of a business model that aims at creating an independent ATM network which would be provided with cash by companies using their excess cash in their cash registries;
- assisted a Romanian company active in the field of video, image & audio processing, software architecture, algorithm improvements, platform specific optimizations and embedded software development in the negotiation and conclusion of an IT know-how license agreement concluded with an international group active in the field of high-performance processor architecture and computer vision;
- assisted an important Romanian bank in relation to certain regulatory matters related to online lending and conclusion remote of several types of agreements with consumers and corporate clients. Our involvement included regulatory advice and review of the template agreements of the bank.