Alin is a member of our Dispute Resolution team and his current main practice areas include insolvency proceedings, civil and administrative litigations. His portfolio also includes a significant number of projects involving public acquisitions, employment matters, data protection and enforcement proceedings. Alin is a Private Law LLM graduate from the Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest.
Highlights of his activity assisting:
- a reputed German company with various subsidiaries in Europe and Asia activating in the area of municipal wastewater, sludge, water and industrial wastewater treatment in more than 15 disputes and litigations exceeding EUR 10 million, both in the public acquisition proceedings as well as in the trials concerning the disputes on matters such as triggering the liability under construction agreements and subcontracting agreements, insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings, enforcement proceedings and fiscal disputes;
- a reputed Romanian company activating in the energy field before the fiscal authorities and before the Romanian courts in challenging several administrative acts imposing tax obligations exceeding EUR 11 million;
- a Romanian NGO financed by a foreign Government in the process of suspending the demolition permit and the demolition works of the neighbor’s building attached to the client’s building, located in the center of Bucharest and also in the process of annulling the demolition permit and recovering the damages;
- a foreign credit institution in challenging the Bucharest General Urban Plan in order to obtain the partial annulment and removal of several land plots owned by the credit institution from the green spaces;
- the second largest DYI company in Romania in a trial against one important competitor acting in the same field, having as object matter the lease agreement for one of the client’s DIY store located in Bucharest.