Helping our clients go further
Consumer protection laws and regulations impact every dimension of business – from advertising and marketing practices, to privacy and data security, to billing and collection issues, to customer service. Our consumer protection practice and team provides assistance on various consumer protection matters to respond to our clients’ needs in this business field.
Our team has a wide-ranging consumer law expertise in projects such as:
- sales techniques – discount sales, promotional sales / rules regarding pricing and advertising, promotional campaigns;
- incorrect commercial practices (misleading/abusive practices), abusive clauses;
- product warranty, general product security, liability in case of faulty products;
- packaging and labelling, use of Romanian language, information of consumer;
- producer’s / distributor’s liability;
- e-commerce: terms and conditions, obligations, return of products, liabilities
- rules regarding advertising;
- specific rules applicable to the industry the client activates in.
Our firm represents clients on a full range of consumer protection challenges, offering an integrated and interdisciplinary approach. We have a “one-stop-shop” culture with seamless coordination that is designed to put together the most effective and efficient team to solve our client’s problems.
- advising one of the major international tobacco manufacturers with respect to potential defense or mitigation solutions in the event of controls from relevant authorities, including the National Authority for Consumer Protection;
- advising one of largest food products manufacturers on reacting to the measures imposed by the National Authority for Consumer Protection following controls in several locations, including identifying relevant arguments on the substance of the case and options for suspending the measures imposed by the authority;
- advising a world-leading international jewelry company in relation to its marketing and consumer campaigns, including prize contests, display and arranging its products, consumer complaints and risk assessment;
- assisting one of the largest refrigerator manufacturers in Europe on reviewing promotional campaigns, incidence of consumer laws, distribution system and system of compensation, consumer claims and warranties;
- advising a leading technology communications company in relation to the restructuring of its dealer network, including advice with respect to the distribution system, repair & service, dealer issues and relationships with the consumers.