Helping our clients go further
We balance a fine knowledge of several disciplines of law with decisiveness of action and the ability to take the optimum decisions quickly and in changing circumstances.
In order to do this, we combine the experience and insight of dedicated restructuring and insolvency practitioners with the specialized skills of leading lawyers from other relevant practices, such as finance, corporate, M&A, employment and commercial.
Our lawyers have excellent expertise on restructuring and insolvency legal matters, including:
- structuring and negotiation of stand-still and inter-creditor agreements;
- out-of-court restructuring processes;
- sell or purchase of distressed assets and related processes, such as title analysis;
- structuring the selling or purchasing of NPL’s portfolios;
- implementing new money structures;
- drafting and negotiation of settlement agreements aimed at recovery of debt;
- representing clients during in-court debt recovery procedures;
- representing clients during the insolvency procedure in court, the creditors’ assembly and before any other relevant third parties; and
- advising in relation to the structuring and implementation of restructuring plans.
We are top Tier in Legal 500 in Restructuring and insolvency.
Razvan Ionescu is listed as a rising star by Legal 500.
- assisted an investment fund in collecting EUR 60 million from a Romanian group of companies active in agriculture;
- assisted one of the largest privately owned business groups in Romania in relation to a group consolidation at the level of its local insurance and pension business;
- assisted a leading Portuguese bank in relation to the financing of an international residential and commercial construction group with subsidiaries in the CEE (including Romania);
- assisted an important Romanian real estate investor in the context of a complex restructuring deal involving the transfer of the shares held in a Romanian company, as well as in relation to the related restructuring of its financing documentation;
- assisted a leading Romanian DIY retailer in relation to the restructuring of its financial arrangements with its senior creditors.