Helping our clients go further
Our team is helping clients build and manage flexible regulatory and compliance response with quantifiable and consistent results. By providing the right amount of quality experience with operational efficiency, clients are able to work within the challenges of regulated environments.
Our lawyers are experienced in compliance services aimed at giving effective protection to clients with regard to all aspects of their business.
Our services in this field include:
- Gap analysis of existing policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance and industry best practice;
- Assessment and preparation of regulatory filings;
- Advice and support on corporate governance and internal controls;
- Advice and support on all aspects of AML/KYC compliance, from drafting internal policies and procedures to designing training programmes and customer due diligence;
- Legal training for the client’s staff;
- Preparation of quarterly compliance reports for boards, compliance committees or senior management;
- Conducting post trade monitoring for investment guideline compliance and reporting;
- License application;
- General regulatory health check on key areas of business;
- Comprehensive regulatory due diligence of regulated activities;
- Regulatory and compliance advisory services;
- Review of existing compliance and operations manuals and policies and procedures;
- Regulatory and compliance risk identification and assessment and development of mitigating internal controls.
- assisted a global major payments technology company in relation to payment services provisions from a Romanian and EU law perspective, in the context of its acquisition of a cross-border payment services provider, as well as with the preparation of a multi-jurisdictional questionnaire concerning banking regulatory matters (i.e. payment services legislation, AML and KYC) in connection with the client’s intention to launch a new online service in Romania;
- assisted the Romanian branch of an international bank in connection with an internal analysis from a Romanian and European regulatory perspective in relation to the archiving regulation, including advice on matters related to electronic documents, electronic storage media, banking regulatory, KYC/ AML, GDPR and litigation perspectives;
- assisted multiple Romanian companies in the process of determining the ultimate beneficiary owner under the new AML & KYC legislation and with the submission of the relevant declarations with the Romanian authorities;
- assisted a financial company in relation to various data protection matters, including in relation to a project involving the processing of consumers’ personal data provided through electronic means and in relation to the use of such data for direct marketing purposes;
- assisted the largest Romanian household appliances producer with respect to distribution, promotions, advertising, pricing matters, in preparing and delivering training programs.