Mihaela’s main practice areas are corporate, M&A and real estate. Her background also includes a broad range of transactions in different areas such as finance and capital markets, energy and natural resources and insurance. Mihaela was involved in private sector acquisitions, corporate and commercial restructurings and privatizations.
Highlights of her activity include assisting:
- a top real estate developer in Romania in relation to the sale and forward sale of an office complex in Bucharest, having an aggregate GLA of approx. 80,000 sq. m., in an EUR 200 million transaction;
- two Belgian investment funds in the acquisition of an extensive portfolio of over 20 retail projects located in Bucharest and various secondary cities in Romania;
- one of the largest providers of medical services in Romania in the construction of the largest private medical project in Romania;
- an UK based investment fund in relation to the exit from a retail park with approx. 80,000 sq. m. GLA, located in one of the largest cities in Romania. The exit was performed by means of a share deal concluded with a South African investment fund, in a transaction of approx. EUR 100 million;
- a top real estate developer in Romania in relation to the acquisition from the Romanian subsidiaries of an Austrian bank of two office buildings located in the central part of Bucharest, having an aggregate GLA of approx. 15,000 sq. m.;
- one of the largest privately owned business groups in Romania in its successful exit from a top Romanian bank – the largest M&A transaction in the Romanian banking sector in the year 2015.