Sergiu specialises in competition law, also frequently providing legal advice on commercial matters and on regulatory matters in the medical and automotive fields. Sergiu’s grasp of theoretical knowledge enables him to provide the firm’s clients with day-to-day advice on various competition law topics and investigations, as well as in respect of merger control and foreign direct investment proceedings.
Highlights of his activity include assisting:
- an international FMCG company in respect to implementing a complex distribution system;
- a major international cement producer in day-to-day competition compliance, as well as in the context of merger control and foreign direct investment proceedings;
- a major pharmaceutical company in implementing a complex system of rebate schemes in its commercial relationships;
- a major container shipping company in respect to foreign direct investment proceedings in Romania as a part of an EU level merger;
- major car importers in the context of a sector inquiry launched by the Romanian Competition Council in the automotive sector, as well as in day-to-day competition compliance on various competition law topics.