Silviu is a partner with the firm and focuses on competition and pharmaceutical and life sciences matters. Silviu also has extensive expertise in contract law, with a focus on drafting and negotiating commercial agreements in various sectors, such as automotive, pharmaceutical or food retail.
Highlights of his recent work include assistance in a multi-jurisdiction merger clearance procedure in the financial sector involving proceedings before both the European Commission and the Romanian Competition Council, obtaining clearance from the Romanian Competition Council in a highly complex merger in the pharmaceutical sector or implementing a complex competition compliance program for a large client.
Highlights of his activity include assisting:
- several clients in three separate investigations conducted by the Romanian Competition Council on the insurance markets;
- a financial leasing company with respect to the Competition Council investigation on the financial leasing market;
- a large automotive importer with respect to the implementation of the new contractual framework for several brands, as well as the launching of a franchising system, including drafting the contractual framework;
- a worldwide generics manufacturer in relation to the clearance by the European Commission of one of the largest transactions in the generics field (the most recent major merger in generics in Romania);
- a distributor of pharmaceuticals in filing a complaint before the Romanian Competition Council against a supplier holding a dominant position, leading to the opening of an investigation and the application of fines;
- a major telecom operator on competition and compliance matters.