The Military Ordinance no. 7/2020 brings changes to the requirements imposed by the Military Ordinance no. 4/2020 as a obligation of the transport workers which carry out races outside Romania and that return to the country or transit through the territory of Romania.
According to the aforementioned Military Ordinance, when entering Romania, the transport workers of freight vehicles with the maximum authorized capacity of more than 2.4 tonnes, which do not have symptoms associated with COVID-19, shall complete a declaration on their own responsibility, whose model is established by The Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure and Communications, whereby they assume the location where they may be contacted during the period between races. They are not subject to the isolation measures at home / quarantine, provided that the employer provides the required individual protective materials against COVID-19.
Therefore, the obligation of transport workers returning to Romania and which does not present symptoms associated with COVID-19 to be isolated during the period between races for a period not exceeding 14 days from the moment of entry into Romania is eliminated, as it was initially provided by Military Ordinance no. 4/2020.
However, the stay in Romania during the period between races is subject to the following requirements provided for limiting the spread of COVID-19:
- The transport workers shall complete a declaration on their own responsibility declaring and assuming the location where they may be contacted during the period between races;
- Employers shall provide individual protective materials against COVID-19 to transport workers;
- The transport workers present at the entrance to Romania an employee certificate, assumed by the employer – only in the case of transport workers that move in the interest of pursuing the profession in Romania in another EU Member State or from one another state of the European Union in Romania, as the state of residence of the transport worker, regardless of whether the journey is made on board the freight vehicle or by individual means or on their own account.
Also, the Military Ordinance no. 7/2020 makes the difference between the case of the drivers who, after crossing the border in Romania, will spend the period between races in the country and the drivers who only transit the territory of Romania, by imposing distinct requirements regarding the ways to ensure the prevention of the spread of COVID-19.
Thus, the transport workers of freight vehicles with the maximum authorized capacity greater than 2.4 tonnes, which transit the territory of Romania, are not obliged to complete, upon entering the territory of Romania, the epidemiological statement, if the following minimum conditions are met:
- uses only transit corridors and points for crossing the state border located at the ends of these corridors, approved by the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure and Communications and the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the deviation from these being prohibited;
- the transit of the Romanian territory is made in a minimum time interval, without exceeding 48 hours from the entry into Romania, including the periods of stay for the normal daily rest;
- the parking of the vehicle is done exclusively in car parks located on the transit corridors, appropriately marked.
In the event of failure to comply with the conditions, the transport workers will be obliged to quarantine 14 days, bearing the expenses incurred with his quarantine. In this case, the vehicle can be taken by a representative of the owner.
Last but not least, transport workers who are just passing through Romania are obliged to apply a special sticker made available by the State Inspectorate for Control in Road Transport on the glazed parts of the vehicle (windscreen), respectively to keep on it the transit form whose model is established by the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure and Communications.