Helping our clients go further
Our litigation practice is built on the principle that the key to a successful strategy is in-depth awareness of the case, the client’s business and its objectives.
Our excellent dispute resolution practice covers all areas of civil and business law dispute resolution:
- international arbitration and commercial disputes;
- tax and administrative, energy and real estate litigation;
- corporate litigation;
- fraud investigation;
- labour disputes;
We believe that our impressive success rate (over 80% each year starting with 2009), combined with the importance of our clients and the sensitivity of the projects we manage, as well as the constant growth of our team are fair indicators of our abilities and expertise. This is why we have been selected by our clients to represent them in several cases standing as cornerstones on the Romanian market.
We are top tier in Legal 500 and band 4 in Chambers and Partners in Dispute resolution.
Catalin Alexandru is ranked in Band 5 in Dispute Resolution – Litigation, in the Spotlight in Dispute Resolution – Arbitration by Chambers Europe, and is listed as a leading individual by Legal 500.
Clients appreciate the team’s commercial awareness, with one praising its ability to “understand the client’s business, offer tailored advice and understand the business objectives,” before going on to describe the lawyers as “trustworthy, fast in their responses and open to receiving feedback and improving upon such feedback rapidly.”
Chambers Europe, 2021
Another client highlights the practice’s cross-border capacities, noting: “The team shows a good understanding of the foreign legal rules and cooperates extremely well with the foreign attorneys.”
Chambers Europe, 2021
“The firm has a high business understanding of the case as well as local and international (UK) legal expertise, and a fast reply and ownership of the process and coordination of third party lawyers in the UK.”
Legal 500, 2020
“The team is very responsive and gives very practice legal advice and meets the required deadlines. The team offers attractive financial conditions.”
Legal 500, 2020
“one of their greatest strengths is their strategic thinking: they always put the client first and are proactive and innovative in highlighting and addressing issues.”
Chambers Europe, 2019
“The lawyers are flexible enough to find the solutions adapted to our strategy and culture.”
Chambers Europe, 2018
- assisted the leading Romanian telecom operator in several high profile disputes, including:
- (i) a ground-breaking challenge of the existing monopoly in the electricity distribution sector involving proceedings against the national energy regulator, the Romanian Government, the relevant Ministries and the incumbent distribution companies;
- (ii) a case against several global companies involving online piracy;
- (iii) several disputes against a major media company involving inter alia competition and commercial issues.
- assisted the leading company in the automatic data processing business in a challenge against an alleged cartel accusation brought by the Competition Council;
- assisted a national Romanian governmental agency in defending its unprecedented decision to commence financial recovery proceedings against the largest Romanian insurer through the appointment of a special administrator;
- assisted a real estate developer in arbitration proceedings registered with the London Court of International Arbitration involving claims amounting to EUR 35 million;
- assisted a private investor in the energy sector in two ICC arbitrations under a privatisation agreement, amounting to EUR 138 million in aggregate;
- assisted in complex arbitration files, for clients such as (i) a private investor in the energy sector in two ICC arbitrations under a privatisation agreement, amounting to EUR 138 million in aggregate, (ii) a real estate developer before the London Court of International Arbitration, involving claims amounting to EUR 35 million, or (iii) an international construction company in a FIDIC-based ICC arbitration against the national railway company, with a value exceeding EUR 90 million.
Latest Dispute Resolution news
Get to know our team