Helping our clients go further
When it comes to employment law, employers need effective prevention and strong advocacy. We specialise in offering pragmatic solutions to corporate clients.
The members of our team are confronted daily with the last trends, recent practice or case law and develop customised solutions in order to reach the objectives of our clients.
Our lawyers reunite experience on a large variety of employment topics, including on:
- economic restructuring and transaction related labour matters;
- litigation related to dismissals, payment of wages, restructuring situations, selections, discriminations or other matters concerning the employees or their union negotiations with executives concerning the termination of their mandates or employment agreements, distribution of powers within the company or their performance;
- legal matters related to different pay systems and benefits;
- development and implementation of regulations, policies, rules and instructions; collective bargaining and managing the relations with the unions or employees’ representatives;
- assistance in dealing with the labor authorities in case of inspections or controls, including by providing dawn raids guidelines; assistance on work accidents and health and safety compliance;
- analyzing particular situations, such as the use of non-compete, mobility, training and confidentiality clauses.
We are top tier in Chambers Europe and Legal 500 in Employment.
Ioan Dumitrascu is ranked in Band 2 by Chambers Europe, and is listed as a leading individual by Legal 500.
Cristina Tudoran is ranked in Up & coming category by Chambers Europe and is listed as a rising star by Legal 500..
“The team is amazing, the best partner we could have. They are always very fast at answering, prepare all the documents well and understand the business perfectly.”
Chambers Europe, 2022
“Filip & Company provides spot-on and highest-quality advice while always considering real-life business considerations and implications.”
Chambers Europe, 2022
“Filip & Company has a ‘customer oriented, proactive and well trained‘ employment team.”
Legal 500, 2022
Clients highlight the team’s customer-oriented approach, with one praising the firm for “taking into consideration all the implications and risks for us as a client.”
Chambers Europe, 2021
“They would turn everything around to find a solution.”
Chambers Europe, 2020
“You feel that you are in good hands and the expert advice is delivered in a timely manner.”
Chambers Europe, 2020
“Filip & Company has an extremely approachable, knowledgeable and professional team and they have a skill in applying lateral thinking to finding solutions.”
Legal 500, 2020
“The lawyers working for the firm have a very pragmatic and client-oriented approach. They are able to break down complex legal issues into easily understood solutions. The response time to our needs is also good, and that is particular important for us in terms of meeting our internal deadlines.”
Chambers Europe, 2019
- assisted major corporations in dealing with various internal restructurings or in revising and negotiating company level collective labour agreements;
- assisted a leading car manufacturer in redesigning its entire organization following takeover from another manufacturer, negotiation and implementation of collective labour agreements both at industry and company level;
- assisted a leading manufacturer of low-noise PC coolers and components in dispute resolution matters concerning social security, as well as on day-to-day matters related to employment aspects, such as temporary employees and agreements negotiated with personnel lease agencies, new hires, review of internal documents and regulations, disciplinary inquiries, immigration, as well as in labour litigations or disputes when the case;
- assisted a top communication network in assessing risks of transfer of undertaking obligations while restructuring its businesses or performing acquisitions;
- assisted a real estate developer in structuring the management scheme and revising the contractual arrangement to be entered into with the general manager and other management personnel in Romania;
- assisted the world’s largest food and beverage company in designing and implementing in their organizational structure certain roles heading key departments of the company.
Latest Employment news